National Account Controller- Grocery- Premium Wine
Specialism Commercial development, Multiple Grocery, National Accounts, Off Trade, Wine
Location London (Hybrid working)
Salary Circa £70-80K+ car, bonus, pension and other benefits
Our client is a European premium wine company delivering exceptional wines to the UK market. With brands from across the continent, this business boasts an enviable portfolio and has ambitious plans for further growth. As a key part of this plan, they require a National Account Controller to manage, enhance and grow business, primarily in major multiple retail whilst developing, implementing and managing the broader Off Trade commercial strategy.
About the role
This role reports to the Managing Director and is primarily responsible for the profitable development of sales, distribution and visibility of a high-profile, premium branded wine portfolio across the Off Trade Channel covering Multiple Grocery, Impulse, Wholesale Cash & Carry and Specialist Retail customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for 360-degree customer management, including the development and delivery of joint business plans across their customer base in line with budgets, working in close collaboration with the brand owner and wider business team including Marketing, Finance and Operations.
Skill & Character Requirements
- Influencing and negotiation: Accomplished sales professional with well-developed influencing and negotiation skills and a broad and deep understanding of the UK Off Trade Channels and Customers.
- Commercial acumen: Analytical and objective with a broad understanding of sales levers, customer strategy and motivation and profit optimisation.
- Data led: Demonstrates the ability to extract actionable insight from category and customer data to inform customer planning and management.
- Strategic and critical thinker: Effectively considers short, medium and long-term business objectives (internal and external) and overcomes challenges to deliver success.
- Strong technical wines knowledge: Readily able to communicate with and influence stakeholders with advanced wines expertise.
- Stakeholder management: Can evidence a record of developing strong, collaborative, constructive and productive long-term professional relationships – customer, external and internal.
- Problem solver: Passionate about the Wines category, a natural and creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial flair and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Collaborative and accommodating team player.
- Established and accomplished UK National Account Manager/Controller with a record of responsive and successful customer management across Grocery and with exposure to other areas such as Wholesale Cash & Carry, Impulse or Specialists.
- Demonstrable record of responsibility for JBPs and P & L management.
- A data and category-led approach to sales management.
- Must have a solid understanding of / passion for the wines category.
- Experience of management of specialist Wines Retail customers.
- Network within the Wine buyer community in related channels.
- WSET Level 2 or Advanced (L3)
In return an excellent salary and package are offered together with an exceptional opportunity to spearhead the future success of a tremendous business.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application.