Specialism commercial sales, E-Commerce, Fine Wine, Global sales, Sales, Wine, Wine Broker, Wine Buyer, Wine Merchant, Wine Trader
Location London & South
Salary Circa £65-80K (commensurate) + car, bonus, pension and other benefits
Our client is an established Fine Wine business that is focused on delivering exceptional products and experiences to customers across the global trading network, On & Off-trade customers, private buyers, and e-commerce customers.
With ambitious plans for significant growth and expansion, this business is entering an exciting phase of development and requires a seasoned Fine Wine trading professional to spearhead success and lead business development.
Working with the leadership team, the individual will be responsible for sourcing a broad range of wines to satisfy diverse requirements. From Petrus to Macon Blanc the wines will be both imported and sourced through UK distributors as well as online exchanges. Existing and new clients will be assisted in acquiring and trading fine wine portfolios so the individual will initially be responsible for sales as well as purchases. A support team is on hand to manage sales and as the business develops further team members will be added.
Candidates will demonstrate strong wine trading/sales experience together with a broader commercial acumen to drive both buying, sales, and operational activity in the business. Furthermore, the successful candidate will demonstrate strong strategic skills, collaboration, organisational and internal management abilities, and leadership skills to future-proof growth and expansion of the team in future.
Key skills & experience requirements
- 5-15 years’ Wine Trading, Brokering, Buying or Merchant experience, preferably in Fine Wine
- Commercial sales exposure in the Wine market
- Strong knowledge and passion for Wine with high levels of credibility
- A strong Wine network, global connections, and contact book
- A good understanding of who’s who in the wine producer network
- Great operational and administrative skills to manage multiple tasks, business operations, and projects simultaneously
- A proactive, focused approach to developing business and customer relationships
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of a WSET level 2 qualification
- Clean driving license
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application. Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application.