Senior Customer Marketing Manager- Luxury
Specialism Champagne, Customer marketing, Luxury Brands, Spirits, Trade Marketing, Wine
Salary Circa £45-50,000 + car allowance, pension, bonus and other benefits
Our client is an International leader in premium and luxury drinks. With a renowned range of iconic brands, this vibrant and progressive business continues to grow at a rapid pace in the UK drinks market.
As a result of this continued growth, they require an established Customer/Commercial Marketing Manager to work closely with both High-End customers and sales teams to optimise promotional plans, sales tools, trade events, customer partnerships and the overall commercial success of the business.
||To be a channel expert and to translate brand plans into channel specific, deliverable marketing activity that will increase consumer demand for brands in partnership with key customers.
The role will support the commercial team in customer meetings presenting activity ideas. Following the presentations they will build campaigns with customers to drive brand awareness and drive rate of sale activity.
||– Develop, negotiate and agree activity with High End customers to ensure brand and commercial objectives are achieved.
– Enhance the value of our premium/luxury brands by giving targeted consumers the best opportunity to purchase brands at maximum sustainable profit.
– Design and implement a range of activity on trade examples including:
1) Digital promotions with micro site build, apps and social media
2) Brochure ware and range of printed promotional material
3) Point of sale bar kit and suite of branded merchandise
4) Bar team incentives and education programmes
5) Footfall driving activity with partner on trade accounts
6) Events for on trade advocacy and consumer events
– Evaluate activity based on sales uplift, ROI, and specific objectives of each activity
– Manage the customer marketing spend v budget
– Manage the customer marketing promotional calendars
– Manage projects and key channel marketing initiatives
– Facilitate sales and marketing meetings and provide channel guidelines
– In addition, the role is pivotal in identifying channel specific opportunities & initiative and developing trade facing category based rationale.
||– The first key relationship is the customer in process of negotiating activity.
– The second is the Business Development and Commercial teams with facilitating the flow of information to ensure commercial objectives are achieved.
– The third key area is collaboration and co-ordination with the relevant brand teams and ensure integration of goals and alignment to brand visual identity.
– Customer to negotiate, agree and implement
– Brand teams to contribute to brand development, and translate brand plans into channel TM activity
– Sales to communicate and reinforce brand plans, negotiate and agree TM activity, and gather customer intelligence during regular meetings
– Finance for budgets and spend reviews
– Key agencies to scope, tender and select
– Category Management team
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience of trade, customer or commercial marketing in drinks or FMCG consumer brands (luxury brand exposure is highly preferable)
- Good understanding of luxury product marketing and sales is a distinct advantage, along with exposure to on-trade marketing.
- Experience of Market, competitor & consumer insight, pricing & promotions, commercial reporting, Nielsen data analysis and analytical skills
- Evidence of bringing to market initiatives and working with brand teams and creative agencies
- University degree or equivalent
- Numerical and financial skills for budget analysis
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please forward your CV, current remuneration details and covering letter. Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks.