Specialism Account Management, Beer, Convenience, Grocery, national account manager, P+L Management, Premium drinks, Wholesale
Salary Circa £45-55K + car, bonus, pension and other benefits
Our client is a fast-growing premium beer business that is on an impressive commercial trajectory with a tremendous track record of growth and success in the UK marketplace. From humble beginnings, this company has delivered exceptional growth and is now knocking on the door of the market leaders. Following significant investment, and to continue their impressive journey, we are now recruiting for a National Account Manager to manage and enhance business in the 2nd tier grocery, convenience, and wholesale arena. This is a great opportunity for budding National Account Managers and offers significant opportunities for personal and professional development.
About the role
As National Account Manager for the Off Trade, you will support the Head of Sales in the day-to-day management of existing Off Trade Partners but also have full P&L responsibility and a high degree of autonomy for your own accounts. Your role will include managing existing accounts including Waitrose, the CO-OP and Booker together with driving new business acquisitions, capitalising on a fast-growing portfolio and the ever-evolving Off-Trade sector.
The preferred candidate will be an experienced NAE, Junior NAM or KAM with the hunger to develop their skillset in a very exciting category.
The successful candidate will have experience working within Off Trade FMCG, preferably supporting on Top 4. Candidates will also be considered from an Off Trade wholesale/Convenience background with a view to bringing key contacts to the business and expanding the customer base.
Key skills and experience:
- Great customer management skills with the ability to utilise customer, consumer and category data and insight to support optimal decision-making and business development.
- Currently operate in a junior NAM, NAE or KAM capacity in the Off Trade
- Strong Off Trade exposure, ideally with a selection of grocery/convenience accounts
- A strong understanding of P & L management, activations and networking with a curious, rigorous and objective approach to business.
- Exposure to high branded FMCG consumer products is critical, experience in the drinks market is an advantage.
- Proven negotiation skills and a natural attention to detail, highly organised and a skilled multitasker
- Confident, conscientious, collaborative and flexible – able to work well within a dynamic team.
- Graduate calibre
In return, an excellent salary and package are offered together with an exceptional opportunity to spearhead the future success of a fast-growing business.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in Word format) and current remuneration with your application. Candidates who meet the brief will be contacted within 2 weeks.