Specialism Beer, Brand Marketing, Cider, Commercial marketing, Customer marketing, Leadership, Marketing, People Management, Premium drinks, Sales, Spirits
Location West Yorkshire
Salary Circa £75-90K+ car allowance, 20% bonus, pension, healthcare and other benefits
Our client is a well-established, creative and highly successful premium beer business who are at the very forefront of bringing bold, modern beers to the UK and International markets. This fantastic business believes continuous innovation is at the heart of what makes modern brewing so exciting.
As a result of significant success and investment, they are accelerating the brand and business through transformational growth. They require a Head of Marketing as a pivotal part of realising their commitment to securing a long-term leadership position in the premium craft beer market.
This key appointment will lead the marketing function, augmenting existing marketing resources and helping to define the route by which they will scale and develop the business over the next 3-5 years and beyond. The successful candidate will assume full responsibility for the development of the strategic brand plan and create and oversee annual brand activation plans. As the voice of the consumer and shopper, you will develop business capabilities to ensure that strategic decision-making is based on data and insight and governed by commercial acumen.
The successful candidate will lead the development of a comprehensive five-year strategic brand plan for the business, focusing on the opportunities of the brand’s premium credentials and covering all consumer touchpoints to deliver:
- Comprehensive consumer and customer activation plan to elevate brand awareness and support best-in-class events and brand activation programs across all trade channels, differentiating the company as the premium craft brewing partner of choice for all its customers.
- A market-leading website and e-commerce platform
- NPD and pricing strategies, in partnership with Sales, which meet the demands of the market, maximise profit and ROI, and support our brand proposition and positioning
- A comprehensive brand health dashboard
- Establish clear accountabilities for your function and team and implement mechanisms to support the efficient flow of information, enable meaningful collaboration and facilitate effective decision-making.
- Lead the development of the marketing function, defining resourcing requirements and recruiting, developing, and retaining best-in-class talent.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Advanced professional marketing skills and experience covering consumer, customer, and digital marketing
- Strong drinks brand marketing exposure is preferable, although candidates with a blue-chip FMCG marketing background will be strongly considered
- A highly commercial aptitude, analytically minded, with the know-how to elicit actionable insight, interpret market and competitive trends, and track and evaluate brand and business performance
- Natural attention to detail, highly organised, and a skilled multitasker
- Confident, conscientious, collaborative, and flexible – able to work well within teams as a colleague and a leader
- An intuitive and emotionally intelligent influencer and capable communicator, rapidly able to develop and maintain strong relationships within and beyond the organisation.
- Graduate caliber CIM or similar qualification
This client operates a hybrid working system but will require candidates to be in the office 3 days a week in West Yorkshire. A relocation package is available for candidates who are willingly open to moving to Yorkshire.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application.