Specialism Beer, food, Food and beverage, Hospitality, Mixology, On Premise, On Trade, Premium bars, Spirits, Wine
Location Hybrid- South, Midlands, North of England
Salary Circa £70-100K commensurate with experience and prorated with length of consultancy term
Fluid Fusion is proud to be working in partnership with an exceptional business that not only produces exceptional premium drinks here in the UK but also owns an impressive estate of bars. To elevate the future of brand development through their bars, we are on the hunt for a visionary consultant to work with the CEO and Hospitality Team to undertake a 360 review of the bar business, develop the hospitality strategy with a 3–5-year horizon, and develop comprehensive and practical recommendations that will be used to deliver upon the aspirations of the business.
The key objectives for this project is as follows:
- Deliver a full assessment of bar operations, developing a summary of current strengths and weaknesses including locations, design, food and beverage offering, standards of service and staff performance, and customer experience to develop a suite of recommendations for changes required to optimise potential and change our game.
- Assess the location and format of the current estate and build recommendations for future development – nothing is out of scope including the style and location of venues.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and the wider On Trade team to determine the role of their bars in the wider development of the brand and develop recommendations for their role as brand activation vehicles.
- Work with our CEO to develop a 3–5-year strategic roadmap for the hospitality business encompassing all of the above areas.
Skills and experience requirements
- Joining in a consultancy capacity, you’ll be a creative but practical premium hospitality expert with broad and deep experience across the sector and a record of driving operating standards, effectiveness and brand profile. You’ll be mobile to travel to visit the estate outlets, to work with teams in the venues and to be accessible to the head office in Yorkshire.
- A strategic thinker with a broad and deep understanding of the hospitality market. You’ll be comfortable with driving and managing change, able to engage and support a team through a transition and energised by the opportunity to make a difference.
- You will be highly commercially savvy with demonstrable strength in business acumen and experience of contributing to business development through cross-functional team partnerships.
- You will be a pragmatic, approachable and open-minded leader who has operated in the hospitality sector at a senior level. You’ll have maintained an affinity with the coal face of the business with a deep and broad understanding of all elements of bar management from the ground up.
You will be comfortable with designing best practices and signature serve consumer experiences within the most attractive hospitality environments and have a talent for communicating requirements to engage and motivate the team through relatable and accessible training and support.
This role is a consultancy project with a term of 3-6 months, however, there is flexibility in this and the term may be extended as per the needs of the business.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in Word format) and current remuneration with your application.