Specialism Account Management, Business Development, Commercial Strategy, Field Sales management, People development, Premium Wine, Sales, Training, Wine, Wine & Spirits
Location London, Midlands & South
Salary Circa £75-80K (commensurate) + car allowance, bonus, pension and other benefits
Our client is an established European premium wine company delivering exceptional wines to the UK market. With brands from across the continent, this business boasts an enviable portfolio and has ambitious plans for further growth. As part of this strategy, they require a Head of Field Sales to manage, enhance and develop the On Trade sales teams and business sales across the On Trade sector.
About the role
Reporting to the Managing Director and contributing to the strategic management of the UK business unit as a member of the Senior UK Leadership Team, the successful candidate will be accountable for the development and execution of field sales strategy and for the sales, distribution, promotion and optimisation of the brand portfolio within the UK independent On Trade channel through a team of Regional Sales Managers, Business Development Managers (BDMs) and commission-based Sales Agents.
The role will own the Independent on trade strategy including portfolio focus, segmentation, and resources.
The Head of UK Field Sales leads the prioritisation and optimisation of the extensive and diverse customer base and comprehensive wines portfolio by providing the necessary structure, accountability, training and development informed by the business priorities. The role collaborates across all internal functions including Brand Marketing, Customer Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain.
Skills and experience:
- An accomplished strategic senior sales manager.
- Experienced, flexible, supportive and stretching people manager with proven ability to train and develop sales professionals within a professional sales structure.
- Strong commercial acumen with a deep and broad understanding of the company’s wine categories, business, competitor landscape and industry operating context gained within the Wines and Spirits industry.
- Proven understanding of key independent On trade (including Prestige) sales levers, the development of sales budgets, tracking and monitoring of performance vs. targets and P & L management.
- Consistent track record of achieving and exceeding commercial objectives.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and maintain effective, productive and profitable customer relationships across a range of customers.
- WSET Advanced level (minimum) knowledge or qualifications
- Highly organised and numerate
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
- Autonomous, self-motivated, team orientated – willing to contribute beyond own area of responsibility to support the team and business.
In return, an excellent salary and package are offered together with an exceptional opportunity to spearhead the future success of a tremendous business.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application. Candidates who meet the brief will be contacted within 2 weeks.