Specialism Brand Marketing, Consumer engagement, CRM management, digital, E-Commerce, Global marketing, Premium Spirits, Strategic Development
Location Edinburgh, UK
Salary £Highly competitive + bonus, pension & other benefits
The Glenmorangie Company crafts, distributes and markets two of Scotland’s most acclaimed single malt whiskies, Glenmorangie and Ardbeg, and is part of the LVMH Group who are the world leaders within the Luxury Sector.
Our mission is to create marketing as brilliant as the quality of our whisky deserves. Our brands resonate with global demands for authenticity, heritage, craftsmanship and outstanding product quality – and through insightful, bold and creative marketing we will make them the envy of competitors and the pride of our wider LVMH / Moët Hennessy family.
With this in mind, we are currently looking for a talented Global Head of Consumer Engagement to join the marketing team, based at our Global Headquarters in Edinburgh. You will be joining us at an exciting time for the company where you will be using your creativity, curiosity, bold decision making and determination to implement key projects that will shape the future of our brand’s and the business.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Global Marketing & Communications Director, this role is a key appointment within our Marketing Leadership team, playing a vital role in the delivery of outstanding brand communications by working with Brand teams to sharpen audience insights, communications strategies and improve the impact of our execution in market. They will drive thought-leadership in evolving digital media and will directly lead the important CRM and e-commerce agenda. They will support the continuous improvement of our plans and teams by promoting communications effectiveness via measurement, reporting and evaluation of our brand activities.
• Drive growth in our main markets through highly effective communications plans: Work with the Maison (Global), Regional Marketing teams and agencies to implement insight-led plans with appropriate communications mixes to improve growth and ROI in our biggest markets
• Support the Marketing Team in the annual planning cycle including the development of Glenmorangie and Ardbeg communications strategies and activity plans and the interactions with markets through Brand plan presentation, Brand workshops and key Regional meetings
• Evolving Media: Work with Maison brand teams and appointed agencies to identify, champion and support the most effective practices across the Maison in all paid, earned and owned digital media formats
• Direct the CRM & E-Commerce agenda: (1direct report) Work with Moët Hennessy Digital team, agencies, commercial team to ensure that brands have effective and compliant CRM and e-commerce plans
• Marketing Effectiveness: Improve our ROI and lead continuous learning and improvement by effective measurement, reporting and evaluation of communications mix performance
Do I have the required skills?
To be successful in the role you will be degree qualified, ideally within a marketing or business background. You will have at least ten years’ experience in an FMCG marketing environment within a global marketing/digital role.
In addition, you will possess the following Technical and Interpersonal skills:
Technical & management skills:
• Communications Planning
• Consumer and connections insights
• Digital Marketing strategy
• E-CRM and E-Commerce strategy
• Management experience desirable – development mindset essential
Personal & interpersonal skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills, “savvy” within a matrixed organization
• Capacity to influence, motivate and excite people (generate enthusiasm)
• Strong appreciation of different markets and cultures
• A get up and go person with drive for results and excellence
• Socially adaptable, positive attitude, delivers promises
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package relating to skills and experience, as well as fantastic training and career progression! Please note this role is based in Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
If this sounds like the role for you then we would love to hear from you, please apply below to our recruitment partner, Fluid fusion Ltd including your current remuneration package, CV and covering letter.