National Account Controller- Premium Beer
Specialism Category Management, Commercial, Multiple Grocery, National Account, Sales, Strategic Development, Team leadership
Salary Circa £70-80K basic + bonus, pension, car allowance
Our client is a premium beer business with a tremendous track record of growth and success in the UK marketplace. From humble beginnings, this company has delivered exceptional growth and is now knocking on the door the market leaders. Following significant investment, and to continue this fantastic trajectory, we are now recruiting several leadership roles including a Grocery Controller to maximise growth within the Grocery and Off Trade Route to Market channels.
Taking over the most profitable business area, you will assume full responsibility for the future development and governance of Off Trade customer development and management, defining and delivering differentiated, creative and robust Grocery and RTM strategies both personally and through a team.
We’re looking for nothing less than an exceptional drinks commercial operator with a proven record of achieving profitable and sustainable growth within the Grocery Channel through both core range sales and fast NPD support. You’ll have a deep and broad understanding of the strategies, priorities and needs of our largest customers and you’ll be able to evidence successful delivery of joint business plans that provide mutual business benefits. You’ll have all the necessary know-how to deliver optimal distribution, visibility and sales value while maintaining peerless levels of customer service and responsiveness. You’ll understand categories, trends and the need for best-in-class execution. You’ll have developed the essential disciplines of commercial management within a blue-chip environment. You’re happy in the thick of the action, comfortable with ambiguity, open to learning from adversity and ready to make a rapid impact.
- Highly developed customer management skills with the ability to utilise customer, consumer and category data and insight to support optimal decision-making and business development.
- Very strong Grocery exposure, ideally with a selection of major accounts i.e Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons, Tesco, Co-Op
- Strong exposure to working with premium drinks brands in the Grocery sector
- A proven track record of delivering fast-paced NPD is advantageous
- An advanced understanding of P & L management with a curious, rigorous and objective approach to business.
- Advanced negotiation skills and natural attention to detail, highly organised and a skilled multitasker
- Confident, conscientious, collaborative and flexible – able to work well within teams as a colleague and a manager.
- A highly effective, intuitive and emotionally intelligent influencer and capable communicator, rapidly able to develop and maintain strong relationships within and beyond the organisation.
- Graduate calibre
- Formulate and deliver comprehensive and rewarding joint business plans with key customers and secure optimal distribution and rate of sale across relevant Off Trade customers.
- Work in partnership with the MD to represent the commercial identity of the business to optimise brand and commercial relationships across the Off Trade Channel.
Candidates are ideally based in the Midlands or North of England, hybrid working is offered but candidates should expect to be in West Yorkshire once a week.
In return an excellent salary and package are offered together with an exceptional opportunity to spearhead the future success of a tremendous business.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application.