Specialism Innovation, International, NPD, Packaging, Spirits
Location Edinburgh, UK
Salary Circa £40-45,000 + bonus, pension and other benefits
Our client is a premium spirits business which operates within the LVMH group. Focused on the International development of a superb spirits range we are currently searching for a Packaging Development Project Manager. As an established NPD, innovation and packaging specialist you will drive success in the development of exceptional packaging projects. This business offers tremendous Global exposure together with personal development and strong opportunities for further progression.
Reporting to the Head of Innovation and new Product development and working closely with both the Operations and marketing teams, the main goals of the role is to develop and deliver new packaging and innovations across both brands and provide packaging technology expertise to the Company
A great package and salary are on offer to the successful candidate. Please note this role is based in Edinburgh, UK. Applicants are welcome from across Europe and relocation provision may be available.
- Work with Marketing to manage delivery of new product packaging on time to the correct costs and standards
- Create and manage technical development timelines
- Co-ordinate operational aspects of NPD projects through management of cross-functional teams
- Provide expertise in packaging technology and technology innovations
- Explore and introduce innovation and new technologies
- Communicate status of all live projects across cross-functional teams
- Carry out project risk reviews and manage complexity in new developments
- Assist buyers in tender document preparation and participate in supplier selection
- Participate in ongoing supplier assessments (including development feedback)
- Supply information required for production and quality documentation
- Work with Operations to deliver new technology into production
- Manage artwork development and approval process
- Ensure co-ordination with QC/Compliance Departments on legal and mandatory requirements and assist in the full delivery of these requirements across new items
- Prepare and maintain project related ISO documentation
- Ensure all products are developed in accordance with luxury and visual perfection standards
Technical & management skills:
- Expertise in packaging materials, (relevant degree or industrial experience)
- Proven project management (eg Prince 2 Qualified)
- Commercially aware (Business experience)
- Negotiation skills
- Collaborative mind set
- Knowledge of legal and mandatory requirements for packaging materials (eg REACH Regulations)
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Strong communicator, good organisational skills, and ability to work across functions and cultures.
- Influencing & negotiating skills
- Highly organized
- Analytical (understands technical aspects/fine detail)
- Detail Focused
- Attention to detail
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the EU.
Please provide your CV (in word format) and current salary & remuneration with your application.
Candidates meeting the brief will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application, sadly we are not always able to respond to all candidates but will do our best to do so.